What is insect infestation?
Insect infestation is when insects or parasites invade a property, outdoor area, plant or animal. for example mice, rats and pigeons
What are the signs of insect infestation?
- Visibly apparent presence of live insects/vermin
- Visibly apparent insect/vermin remains (carcasses)
- Visibly apparent insect/vermin droppings
- Visibly apparent insect/vermin holes/tunnels in materials
- Visibly apparent insect/vermin evidence of nesting
- Visibly apparent physical insect/vermin damage to the building fabrics and/or stored goods/material
- Visibly apparent insect/vermin grease marks and track
What are the consequences of failing to establish whether or not the infestation is current effectively eradicate the infestation?
- Significant damage to the building structure and/or fabric and/or stored goods/materials
- Health implications for the building occupants
Bats are excluded due to being a protected species and must not be disturbed on this bases