What is Flooding?
Flooding occurs when over flowing external rainwater enters a property/building or when a substantial water system leak occurs.
What are the typical signs of flooding?
- Obvious visible signs of flood water or flood water residue
- Visible tidemark stains
- Visible mould growth
- Musty putrid and/or odours
- Severe water damage to the building structure fabric fitment and/or contents
What are the causes of flooding?
- Surrounding topography that slops towards the property/building in question
- Insufficient rainwater absorbing soil and vegetation to any surrounding topography that slopes towards the property/ building in question
- Insufficient natural or structural drainage away from the property/ building in question
- Significant rainfall or extreme weather causing rivers or streams to burst their banks or flood defenses
- Internal water supply or waste disposal system leakage
- Fire extinguishing process
What are the consequences of flooding?
- If left unresolved flooding can severely impact your home or business and/or the occupants health
- Flood water may include sewage pollution
- Extreme airborne moisture condensation and mould/mildew growth
- Extreme Structural fabric damage
- Natural Drainage
- Restoration of ground ??
- Rapid recovery
- Extreme cleaning
- In the event of any flooding or leak it is important to act quickly.
- If resolved quickly water and flood damage is reversible