Carbon Monoxide

What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon Monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas formed by the incomplete combustion of fuels. In a property this could be caused by household appliances such as open fires which use coal, wood, gas or oil, this happens when the fuel does not burn fully.

What are the signs of carbon monoxide?

  • Loss of balance
  • Vision problem
  • Memory problem
  • Eventual loss of consciousness

Is carbon monoxide a problem?

When people are exposed to CO gases, the molecules will displace the oxygen in their bodies and lead to poisoning. Most households will install a CO alarm which may detect with a digital readout, other can give out a loud high pitched sound when levels of carbon monoxide pass a certain limit.

Are you experiencing any of these problems?
We may be able to help

Would you like to learn more?
Take a look at our training courses